Saturday, 13 October 2012

Saturday special fried chicken!!!

So its a Saturday and my mom has no clue what to make for our lunch.for a few days me and my sister were contemplating with the idea of making some fried chicken because you obviously cannot afford to go to KFC every alternate day...
So it was decided.FRIED CHICKEN it is... and here is what we did..i first marinated the chicken in a mixture of some curd,red chili powder, turmeric,garam masala,ground coriander green chilies ginger and garlic....after marinating it for almost an hour in the refrigerator I took it out and let it come to room temperature...
For the crispy outer cover I replaced cornflakes with bread crumbs..first i dipped the chicken piece in corn flour then in the beaten egg which had a little salt in it and then finally coated it with bread crumbs...
I fried the chicken in hot oil for about 3 minutes and HALLELUJAH ...the final result was awesome..it was crispy from outside and tender and juicy from inside ..we vowed never to go to KFC again..instead we would make fried chicken at home...he he
  
An afternoon well spent!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment